Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Conviction.


Personal experiences with the reality of conviction has blown through my life during different seasons. This gift has sometimes left me racked with guilt as I lay on the floor pouring out regret to my God whom I have insulted. Other moments I am just dumbfounded and silent with a new realization of the depth of my ability to put myself on the throne of the universe. Occasionally the insight from a Bible verse or other book unwraps some tightly held lie that I had believed for years, which generally leads to a new view of life and forgiveness in Christ.

I am in the middle of a book (which for now will remain anonymous) that is battering me with wave after wave of truth. Here is one quote from the book, this one by Richard Rohr:
“The five essential truths to which men must awaken if they are to grow up in their God given masculinity and spirituality:

Life is hard.
You are not that important.
Your life is not about you.
You are not in control.
You are going to die.”


What is there left to say?

No comments: