Monday, December 31, 2007

Again.


You won’t understand this post without first reading “Gone.”

Continued from previous post….

Saturday I went back to my friends house to pick up a few things that I had left behind. It had been very windy, rainy and plain nasty for a couple of days so I wanted to make sure that I had cleaned up properly. I hadn’t left their house from Thursdays work until 2 am (Friday morning) and being so late I was not in the mood to clean up after losing a hundred dollars and working for 18 hours. As I pulled up to their house Saturday afternoon I parked in the street because their two minivans occupied both of the driveways. They have six children and need both minivans! I got out of my car and thought to myself,
“Well God, I wonder if that hundred bucks is around?”
Not two seconds later, laying in the middle of the lawn, four feet from the side walk, out in plain site, is a folded and wet one hundred dollar bill waiting to be picked up. Unbelievable. I laughed outloud, walked into my friend’s house with a big grin and told them what I had found and they didn’t want to believe it. I had to convince them by showing them the wet bill that God had indeed given back to us after I had frivolously lost it. Through wind and rain and many people venturing down that sidewalk, God gave back. Sure it is nice to have the money, but it is so much better to know that the creator of all things cares for us, even in small things.

“For by him (Jesus Christ) all things were created: things in heaven and things on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities all things were created by him and for him.” Colossians 1:17 NIV (parenthesis added by me) And I would add; He can do whatever he wants with that he has created!



1 comment:

Jennifer D. said...

AWESOME!! Now mom won't kill you :) God is good!