Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just Another Day Moved By God.

I meet with a guy every week that technically is my boss. He is a foreigner, he likes soccer more than baseball, hockey and American football, he is a lawyer by training, he once wanted to be a communist, he lives in Marysville, he loves to eat at the Great Wall, (a local Chinese restaurant) he is insecure most days, he knows how to play rugby, he has advanced degrees and is way smarter than I am. So all of those things should add up to zero potentiality for a real friendship between him and I, except one thing. One rather large thing that is, and that is we have both been absolutely (hear the Scottish accent) transformed by the love of God found in Jesus Christ. We laugh and plan and complain and share and celebrate and eat together. I thank God for my friend Peter. He always makes me think and dream and wonder about just who this Jesus is and what has he called me to be. He has made me a better man, a better husband, a better human being, a better Pastor. Thanks Peter for being my friend and encourager!
We usually meet on Tuesdays at Taco Bell for our staff meeting over lunch. Today was another one of those days that I walked away from just so thankful to have Peter as my friend.

4 comments:

Jennifer D. said...

Were you thankful for your Taco Belly? LOL. Maybe that is why he is a little hard to relate to--all that schooling, lol. He is a great guy!

Kyle Nolan said...

i could totally imagine the accent.

Kyle Nolan said...

p.s. i'm gonna be home this weekend. is there any chance we could meet up or have lunch or something? if you don't reply to this i'll give you a call.

Jennifer D. said...

Bye!! Be careful, spread the love of Jesus. See you in a couple weeks!! Lots of Love, Happy Valentines Day too!