Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Furnstration.



(Part Four of my recent Mexican Mission Experience)

Something always happens when I am gone from home. It’s like a demonic planning committee checks out my calendar and send out its demented minions on missions of misery when I am gone. So this time it was going to be different. I checked everything and planned ahead on preventative maintenance for other things. I had a list of to-dos a whole page long and I accomplished all of them. So this time I was cautiously optimistic that the twisted demon punks would be held at bay, at least until I made it home.

Have you ever heard the term “pride comes before the fall?” Well on Tuesday after the awesome prayer by Deborah, like two minutes after, I remembered to turn my phone on because it had died the night before and I plugged it into the van all night to recharge.

After it loaded up its programs the familiar buzz of information came streaming into its memory. Emails then voicemails and I noticed a few new ones from Connie. So I opened the second one and it said: “If you want to help me pick out our new furnace you had better call me!” Crap!

So for the next hour and a half I talked with Connie and the heating and plumbing people, finance people and sure enough we had to replace our furnace. I feel so bad that Connie has to bear the brunt of so much of the attacks when I am off engaged in mission work. It sucks. And that is exactly how Satan operates. Divide and conquer. Sow seeds of discouragement among Gods people and beat the crud out of their families that will turn the tide against God. NOT!

So now we have a nice new furnace and another story of God’s faithfulness in the midst of a trial. Take that you slimy punk! And through all of that talking on the phone the house was being assembled. Piece by piece the walls rose up in defiance to the arid desert. I noticed that in the smoking “kitchen” lunch was already being made. God is good even in the midst of trials.

More to come… the journey continues.

1 comment:

Gwyn said...

wow, satan really does try to discourage you when you are out of town in general! I'm glad it worked out!